South Australians warned about danger of eating wild mushrooms

South Australians are being reminded not to eat wild mushrooms as a variety of poisonous mushrooms begin to pop up following the recent rainfall.

SA Health's deputy chief medical officer Dr Nicola Spurrier said 32 people had been admitted to hospital since 2015 and about 300 calls were made to the Poisons Information Centre (PIC) with suspected mushroom poisoning.

If someone has eaten a wild mushroom contact the PIC on 13 11 26 or in an emergency call 000.