The winners of the prestigious 2017 Community Achievement Awards were announced at an awards gala presentation dinner at the Hilton Adelaide on Friday, November 17.
The awards evening was hosted by Seven News Adelaide weekend presenter, Jessica Adamson.
About 480 guests gathered from across South Australia, including official guest, the Honourable Zoe Bettison MP, Minister for Communities and Social Inclusion, to celebrate South Australia’s high achievers and community contributors.
The ten category winners are:
• The Postnatal Project of Port Lincoln – Rural Doctors Workforce Agency Rural Community Health and Wellbeing Award
• Barunga Village of Port Broughton – Dementia Australia Dementia Care Excellence Award
• Caitlin Byrt of Westbourne Park – Prime Super Agricultural Innovation Award
• Blinman Heritage Mine – Caravan & Camping Industries Association of SA Tourism Award
• Christine Flynn of Plympton – Carers SA Carer Achievement Award
• Tailem Bend Football Club – Jones Harley Toole Community Road Safety Award
• Helping Hand Aged Care Inc of Tranmere – Prime Super Employer Excellence in Aged Care Award
• Tyson Grubb - Instrument Choice of Dry Creek – Ricoh Australia Customer Service Award
• Ruby’s Advisory Group of Adelaide – TAFE SA Connecting Communities Award Winners each received a $2000 Award prize from Commonwealth Bank and a trophy.
• WCYCS Partnership with Mentally Fit Eyre Peninsula of Port Lincoln – Flinders Foundation Leadership and Innovation in Health Award
Zelma Broadfoot of the Postnatal Project was also announced as the Community Choice Award winner and received $400 from Commonwealth Bank and x2 tickets to the Channel 7 AFL Corporate Suite at the Adelaide Oval.
The awards night culminated a “tremendously successful” year with almost 300 nominations received from across South Australia.