The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe thunderstorm warning forecasting heavy rainfall, damaging winds and large hailstones for people in the Eastern Eyre Peninsula and parts of West Coast.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding and damaging wind gusts in excess of 90 km/h in the warning area over the next several hours.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
- Secure or put away loose items around your property.
- Move cars under cover or away from trees.
- Keep clear of fallen power lines.
- Don't drive, ride or walk through flood water.
- Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
- Stay indoors, away from windows, while storms are nearby.
The Bureau has also issued a road weather alert for Adelaide for tomorrow (Wednesday 15 November).
In severe condition please slow down on the roads, maintain a safe distance and turn on your headlights – drive to the conditions.