A HOUSE at Lock was was burnt to the ground by a fire in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
One brigade an two appliances were called to the house fire on Starke Street on Tuesday morning at 3.34am.
Region six regional commander Tony Stockham said there was “not much” fire crews could do when they arrived because of how “involved” the fire had already become.
“The fire was fully involved when we got there,” Mr Stockham said.
“We did what we could obviously but the house was totally destroyed.”
He said the cause of the fire was unknown as it was still being investigated.
No one was injured in the fire.